What can you do?
The important three R’s:
- Reduce energy use, production and consumption. Buy items with minimal packaging, preferably compostable.
- Reuse and repurpose items instead of throwing them out and buying new.
- Recycle everything. A lot of the items we throw away can make raw materials for new products. Compost is natures own way of recycling.
Put pressure on politicians, industries, chain stores and your local shops to make environmentally friendly options more accessible.
Team up with a group or organization to make an impact!
- World Wildlife Fund (WWF) – The worlds leading conservation organization. A global network dedicated to protect both people and nature.
- Greenpeace – Working for a greener, more peaceful world. Exposing and confronting environmental problems and forcing solutions.
- Ocean Conservancy – Creating science-based solutions for a healthy ocean and the wildlife and communities depending on it.
- Mission Blue – Global alliance of more than 200 groups and organizations dedicated to explore and conserve our oceans, the blue heart of the planet.
- How to stop plastic pollution of the earth and our oceans? 15. June 2018
- World Environment Day 2018 5. June 2018
- Way to go Chile! 31. May 2018
- Introducing the man behind eco-WRAP 24. May 2018
Visit these links for more ways to help: